Elon Musk Quotes Audio File
If you’ve ever wondered how Elon became successful or what motivates him to do innovative things, then these Elon Musk quotes are perfect for you!
According to the most recent Bloomberg Billionaire Index, Elon Musk is the world’s richest man, with a $224 billion net worth in February 2022. And the statistics continue to mount as he strives to innovate with his well-known companies, Tesla and SpaceX.
Furthermore, despite numerous rejections, Elon continues to work tirelessly toward his life goals. We know this man will inspire you, so we’ve compiled a list of the best Elon Musk quotes to get you started.
Start reading here.
Also, please read Bill Gates quotes for more motivation.
Best Elon Musk Quotes
1. “It is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.”
2. “What makes innovative thinking happen? I think it’s really a mindset. You have to decide.”
3. “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.”
4. “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.”
5. “Constantly think about how you could be doing things better.”
6. “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.”
7. “You get paid in direct proportion to the difficulty of problems you solve.”
8. “It’s very important to like the people you work with, otherwise life and your job is gonna be quite miserable.”
9. “You shouldn’t do things differently just because they’re different. They need to be―better.”
10. “People should pursue what they’re passionate about. That will make them happier than pretty much anything else.”
11. “Don’t delude yourself into thinking something’s working when it’s not, or you’re gonna get fixated on a bad solution.”
12. “You should take the approach that you’re wrong. Your goal is to be less wrong.”
13. “The first step is to establish that something is possible then probability will occur.”
14. “People work better when they know what the goal is and why. It is important that people look forward to coming to work in the morning and enjoy working.”
15. “Really pay attention to negative feedback and solicit it, particularly from friends. Hardly anyone does that, and it’s incredibly helpful.”
Inspirational Quotes from Elon Musk That’ll Inspire You to Never Give Up
16. “No, I don’t ever give up. I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.”
17. “Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.”
18. “Some people don’t like change, but you need to embrace change if the alternative is disaster.”
19. “Constantly seek criticism. A well thought out critique of whatever you’re doing is as valuable as gold.”
20. “My proceeds from the PayPal acquisition were $180 million. I put $100 million in SpaceX, $70m in Tesla, and $10m in Solar City. I had to borrow money for rent.”
21. “I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better.”
Elon Musk Quotes About Business and Success
22. “I don’t create companies for the sake of creating companies, but to get things done.”
23. “Being an entrepreneur is like eating glass and staring into the abyss of death.”
24. “Every person in your company is a vector. Your progress is determined by the sum of all vectors.”
25. “It’s okay to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket.”
26. “As much as possible, avoid hiring MBAs. MBA programs don’t teach people how to create companies.”
27. “If you’re a co-founder or CEO, you have to do all kinds of tasks you might not want to do. If you don’t do your chores, the company won’t succeed. No task is too menial.”
28. “I don’t think it’s a good idea to plan to sell a company.”
29. “Talent is extremely important. It’s like a sports team, the team that has the best individual player will often win, but then there’s a multiplier from how those players work together and the strategy they employ.”
30. “Starting and growing a business is as much about the innovation, drive, and determination of the people behind it as the product they sell.”
31. “If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.”
32. “I could go and buy one of the islands in the Bahamas and turn it into my personal fiefdom, but I am much more interested in trying to build and create a new company.”
33. “The path to the CEO’s office should not be through the CFO’s office, and it should not be through the marketing department. It needs to be through engineering and design.”
34. “It is a mistake to hire huge numbers of people to get a complicated job done. Numbers will never compensate for talent in getting the right answer, will tend to slow down progress, and will make the task incredibly expensive.”
35. “A company is a group organized to create a product or service, and it is only as good as its people and how excited they are about creating. I do want to recognize a ton of super-talented people. I just happen to be the face of the company.”
36. “My biggest mistake is probably weighing too much on someone’s talent and not someone’s personality.”
Motivational Elon Musk Quotes for Students
37. “One of the really tough things is figuring out what questions to ask. Once you figure out the question, then the answer is relatively easy.”
38. “I don’t spend my time pontificating about high-concept things; I spend my time solving engineering and manufacturing problems.”
39. “It is important to view knowledge as sort of a semantic tree―make sure you understand the fundamental principles, i.e. the trunk and big branches, before you get into the leaves or details―or there is nothing for them to hang on to.”
40. “I came to the conclusion that we should aspire to increase the scope and scale of human consciousness in order to better understand what questions to ask. Really, the only thing that makes sense is to strive for greater collective enlightenment.”
Elon Musk Quotes about Life and Futuristic Ideas
41. “I think it would be great to be born on Earth and die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact.”
42. “I’m not trying to be anyone’s savior. I’m just trying to think about the future and not be sad.”
43. “I think we have a duty to maintain the light of consciousness to make sure it continues into the future.”
Elon Musk Quotes About Space and Technology
44. “One of the biggest mistakes we made was trying to automate things that are super easy for a person to do, but super hard for a robot to do.”
45. “I always have optimism, but I’m realistic. It was not with the expectation of great success that I started Tesla or SpaceX. It’s just that I thought they were important enough to do anyway.”
46. “They were building a Ferrari for every launch, when it was possible that a Honda Accord might do the trick.”
47. “Disruptive technology where you really have a big technology discontinuity―tends to come from new companies.”
48. “I think most of the important stuff on the Internet has been built. There will be continued innovation, for sure, but the great problems of the internet have essentially been solved.”
49. “If something has to be designed and invented, and you have to figure out how to ensure that the value of the thing you create is greater than the cost of the inputs, then that is probably my core skill.”
50. “You need to live in a dome initially, but over time you could terraform Mars to look like Earth and eventually walk around outside without anything on. So it’s a fixer-upper of a planet.”
51. “When somebody has a breakthrough innovation, it is rarely one little thing. Very rarely, is it one little thing. It’s usually a whole bunch of things that collectively amount to a huge innovation.”
Funny Elon Musk Quotes
52. “Any product that needs a manual to work is broken.”
53. “We have a strict ‘no-assholes policy’ at SpaceX.”
54. “There’s a tremendous bias against taking risks. Everyone is trying to optimize their ass-covering.”
Did These Elon Musk Quotes Inspire You to Persevere in Life?
Before becoming a business success, Elon had a long history of failures. He, on the other hand, did not give up and instead worked even harder to achieve his life objectives. He embraces change and isn’t afraid to take risks in order to learn more about life and the future of humanity.
Furthermore, despite some people’s rejections of his innovative ideas, he persisted with his plans. This only goes to show that if you want to be successful, you will never let others hold you back, because your crazy idea may be the best idea you can have.
We hope that these Elon Musk quotes inspire your creativity and determination to achieve your goals in the face of adversity.
Which of these Elon Musk quotes is your favorite? Do you agree with some of his innovative ideas? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments.