Lionel Messi Quotes Audio File
We compiled Lionel Messi quotes to motivate you to chase your dreams and never give up when things seem impossible to achieve.
Be inspired by Messi, one of the best footballers who has set numerous records and recognition throughout his club and international careers.
Lionel Andres Messi began playing football at a young age because he used to play with his older brothers, who also enjoyed football. He joined the local football club when he was four years old. He had talent and determination, and he liked what he was doing.
Everything appeared to be fine until he was diagnosed with a disease that threatened his future career as a professional football player. He completed his growth hormone treatment at 14 because he had a supportive family and groups of people who believed in his skills. The faith and efforts of those who supported him were never in vain. He is now widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time.
He became successful because he never let his flaws stand in the way of victory; instead, he used his seemingly disadvantageous feature as a competitive edge in every game. Above all, he has been and still is grateful for the assistance he received back then.
For you to gain a better understanding of Messi’s outlook about life and ambition, hard work, success, family, and football, read through these Lionel Messi quotes.
Also, please check Cristiano Ronaldo quotes for more inspiration.
Best Lionel Messi Quotes
1. “The best decisions aren’t made with your mind, but with your instinct.”
2. “The objective is to win with all the team, personal records are secondary.”
3. “You can overcome anything, if and if only you love something enough.”
4. “There are more important things in life than winning or losing a game.”
5. “Sometimes you have to accept you can’t win all the time.”
6. “A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.”
7. “It takes sacrifice as well as talent.”
8. “I know how important it is to have a helping hand.”
9. “I am more worried about being a good person than being the best football player in the world”
10. “My ambition is always to get better and better.”
Lionel Messi Quotes About Hardwork and Success That Will Help You Make The Cut
11. “You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.”
12. “I start early and I stay late, day after day, year after year. It took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success.”
13. “Every year I try to grow as a player and not get stuck in a rut. I try to improve my game in every way possible.”
14. “I used to serve tea at a shop to support my football training.”
15. “This is why I didn’t go out to parties and many other things. I am successful because I made sacrifices for success.”
16. “At Barca, we trained every day with the ball.”
17. “On a personal note, I think it won’t be until after I’ve retired that I’m fully aware of what I’ve done or what I’ve gone on to achieve in my career.”
18. “I have no intention of comparing myself with Maradona – I want to make my own history for something I have achieved.”
Lionel Messi Quotes About Life And Ambition That Will Make You Win Hands Down
19. “What I do is play football, which is what I like.”
20. “Something deep in my character allows me to take the hits and get on with trying to win.”
21. “I still have a lot of room for improvement. For example, I want to shoot equally well with both feet.”
22. “Something deep in my character allows me to take the hits and get on with trying to win.”
23. “I don’t need the best hairstyle or the best body. Just give me a ball at my feet and I’ll show you what I can do.”
24. “I like to score goals but I also like to have friends among the people I have played with.”
25. “I think my desire to always get better, to always want more, to always be my top critic, and accepting the good and the bad.”
26. “Just to hear people saying and thinking that makes me very proud indeed. But I try not to think about it too much.”
27. “Barcelona is my life, they have brought me to where I am today, I could not leave, I don’t want to leave. My heart stays with Barcelona.”
28. “I am a normal person. I have the same life as any human being. When I finish playing, doing my work, I have my family, my friends, and I live like any other person.”
29. “Being a bit famous now gives me the opportunity to help people who really need it, especially children.”
30. “For my part, I try to do my bit to make people’s lives more bearable, in particular children across the globe who are having problems.”
Inspiring Lionel Messi Quotes About Family And Friends
31. “I am the happiest man alive and I am happy for myself, for my family and for my country.”
32. “Being a dad changes everything for the better and I’m really enjoying it.”
33. “My family was always present when I needed them and sometimes felt even stronger emotions than me.”
34. “If I hadn’t had support, I wouldn’t have been able to fulfill my dreams.”
35. “I’ve always had a great relationship with my two brothers, I have always had their support in my football and in everything. They’ve been very close to me and we have a great relationship.”
36. “Today I am the happiest man in the world, my son was born and thanks to God for this gift.”
37. “Before if I lost or did something wrong I didn’t talk to anyone for three or four days until it passed. Now, I come home after a game, I see my son, and everything is alright. “
38. “It was hard for me because it was such a big change. I left a lot behind in Argentina and unlike other children living at the Masia, I hardly ever got to visit my family. I only saw them once or twice a year and that was very hard for me.”
Lionel Messi Quotes About Football That Will Help You Become A Team Player
39. “Money is not a motivating factor… My motivation comes from playing the game I love.”
40. “Barcelona gave me everything, they took a chance on me when nobody else would. I never have any desire to play for anybody else, I will be here for as long as they want me.”
41. “Little by little, I’m getting better all the time. I’ve not lost the passion to play.”
42. “I’m always proudest whenever I’ve been part of a trophy-winning team. Lifting a title makes me feel so happy because it’s what I want to do in football: be successful.”
43. “I will never go to trial against Barça because it is the club that I love, which has given me everything since I arrived here. It’s the club of my life, I made my life here.”
44. “I never think about the play or visualize anything. I do what comes to me at that moment. Instinct. It has always been that way.”
45. “If I wasn’t paid to be a professional footballer, I would willingly play for nothing.”
46. “Some people say my style of play is innate, but I’m not sure if that’s me or not. Honestly, I do play on instinct. On the pitch, I’m always looking for the best move or decision at any given time. I never want to do what the opposition would be expecting.”
47. “I’ve always really just liked football, and I’ve always devoted a lot of time to it. When I was a kid, my friends would call me to go out with them, but I would stay home because I had practice the next day.”
48. “I made sacrifices by leaving Argentina, leaving my family to start a new life. I changed my friends, my people. Everything. But everything I did, I did for football, to achieve my dream.”
Lionel Messi Quotes About Other Players
49. “There are a lot of athletes that I admire: LeBron, Nadal, Federer. There’s Cristiano in football.”
50. “Ronaldo was my hero. I loved watching players like Zidane, Ronaldinho, and Rivaldo, but Ronaldo was the best striker I’ve ever seen.”
51. “Although it was a bit difficult to see him win trophies, he gave La Liga prestige”
52. “It doesn’t matter if I am better than Cristiano Ronaldo, all that matters is that Barcelona are better than Madrid.”
53. “Ronaldo is always there scoring goals in all the games… he is at his peak or a bit below it makes no difference.”
54. “He’s a phenomenal player who has many qualities that year after year he improves. He’s one of the best.”
Which Of These Lionel Messi Quotes Encouraged You To Never Give Up On Your Dreams?
Who would have guessed that a child with growth hormone deficiency would grow up as one of the world’s best players, influential personalities, and highest-paid athletes?
What could have happened if his family had asked him to abandon his dream of becoming a football player after learning about his health problems? What if no one believed in his abilities? What if he had lost the will to pursue his passion for football? His life demonstrated that family and health are just as important as talent and determination in making room for one’s dream.
We are all deeply inspired to see a wonderful person making an impact in sports despite the obstacles he faced and flaws he outweighed by skills, hard work, and determination.
Do you have any inspiring Lionel Messi Quotes to add to the list? Please let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.